There are plenty of things to do. I may get around to some. Other people may do others. Some may be totally ignored until you do it. Some of my major ones are:
- Decent ad-hoc query tool using a nice java GUI.
- Configuration tool using java.
- Collection of time and date stamps using UTC (GMT) to avoid daylight savings switch problems.
- Some “pre-rolled” capacity planning reporting
- Some more HOWTO documents.
- XML driven database management tools for archiving/pruning old data.
- Maybe write some capacity planning and performance management papers that will get me invited to speak at some international conferences during ski season.